Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Think Spring...

Looks like Old Man Winter has one last bout for Northeast Ohio!  Really enjoyed the few days of Spring weather we were having but reality has set back in and another clipper is blowing through.  Not to worry though it is only March 12th and Spring will make an appearance in the weeks to come.

So today's post is about SPRING!!!!  I signed up for an ATC (Artist Trading Card) Swap awhile back and needed to start working on my creation which is due end of month.  Our them is Spring - Anything Goes so I definitely knew I was going to include some type of bird.  As I started playing around with my stamps I kept coming back to Hello Blooms, after a little tweaking I am satisfied with how it turned out.  A bit rustic and a whole lot Spring! Hope you enjoy it :)

To get the aged look with CTMH's Embossing Folder, be sure to go against the grain of the paper.  CTMH Cardstock has a white core so by going against the grain you can crack the paper and expose the fiber.  I think it gives a really cool effect.  For this project I used Hello Blooms (C1540), Exclusive Inks Sunset (Z2191), Stripe Embossing Folder (Z1960), Lagoon Cardstock (X5762), White Daisy Cardstock (1385), Exclusive Inks Markers Lagoon (Z2412) & Buttercup (Z2405).  Embellishments included hem cord and antique brass flower brads.  If you need any Papercrafting supplies, I'd love for you to visit my online website.  Thanks for Stopping By and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment